Resilient Leadership Through Brand-Centered Sustainability™
Brand-Centered Sustainability™ (BCS) – A mindful approach that connects people to inspired, accountable visions and results in attuned, compassionate leadership and healthy growth.
Brand-Centered Sustainability™ refers to the infusion of the brand essence into all facets of an organization or a person’s life. The brand essence, also considered the meaning behind a person or a company –– what it (she/he) stands for – what values drive the behavior or outward appearance – what makes the difference —this is the glue that binds intentions, aspirations and behavior.
And when intentions are driven by realistic goals, accountable leadership and inspired visions that connect to the brand, sustainable success can be achieved. This can be applied to all organizations and often very successfully to double and triple bottom line organizations and cause-focused individuals.
- Traditional bottom-line = purely financial profits
- Double bottom-line = people and profits
- Triple bottom-line = people, planet and profit
Brand-Centered Sustainability (BCS) – also understood as BlueRio Strategies’ version of Brand Leadership is an integrated way of operating…
- Systems, people, behaviors, thoughts and actions.
- It breaks down boundaries.
- Rejuvenates loyalty, creativity and inspires respectful working conditions.
- Takes into consideration personal brands of organization’s staff.
- Builds upon relationships – creates relationships – engages people.
- Is authentic.
- It is about the core promise of an organization and the delivery of that promise.
Brand Leadership is the power of how the brand is managed and delivered throughout all areas of the organization, rather than just its visual identity (i.e. logo). Brand-Centered Sustainability is both the process and the by-product of the leadership driving authentic success with the brand at the core of communications and decisions.
Communicating Through the Brand to Create Cohesive Culture:
- Allows for an authentic, creative and strategic process for demonstrating value.
- Creates a platform for employee engagement, which results in higher staff satisfaction.
- Creates foundation for customer/client engagement, which results in improved acquisition as well as retention.
Brand Centered Sustainability looks at the Health of a community, team, group or organization through the following lenses:
- Employee Engagement
- Culture of Brand Communications
- Strength of Brand Awareness
- Cross connection or integration of stakeholders personal brands with team/organizational brand
- Strategies for Improved Interpersonal
- Relationships and Cross-departmental Function
Example of Ways to Implement:
- Measure the brand awareness – What is the DNA story your stakeholders tell?
- Facilitate meetings around the Vision & Mission, Purpose of the Organization – Do your stakeholders understand these and are they in alignment with their personal purpose?
- Poll stakeholders – clients and vendors on their expectations.
- Develop positive and strength-based training programs for your team(s) to get on board with the Brand promise and brand essence
- Reward those for living out the brand.
- Support the C-Suite and Middle Management in putting the Brand at the Core of leadership initiatives
When employees can rally around a brand that makes sense to them, that complements or aligns with their values and visions, everyone thrives. They work collaboratively towards a unified mission, they treat each other with respect, they work with clients to deliver results and bottom-lines are met. By placing your brand at the core, you develop leadership capabilities that surpass surface growth. Brand-Centered Sustainability produces Healthy, Resilient, Sustainable Leadership and Cultures. ™
Click Here to download the summary transcript.